Sunday, December 23, 2012

Good-bye to a few favorites


Welcome to my blog.

I had to say good-bye or good-buy to a few of my favorite pieces: Mother Nature in Disguise (MNID), Googly-Eye and the Stacker.


 Whimsy.  .  I used to take Googly-Eye shopping with me.  It helped me discover clothes, tools, and gifts.  Googly-eye is not a great conversationalist, but it is a great listener.  Both of these were fun to create because they captured a little bit of fun.


















 Purpose.  The purpose of a cane is Balance.  I wanted to carve a cane that showed Balance.  The Stacker is my first complete attempt at the idea of Balance.  Each piece is individually cut, sanded, drilled, finished, and stacked.  There is a hollow rod running through each block.  If "conversation" was the purpose of this cane, then it really worked.  People stared at this cane long enough for me to start a conversation.


Whimsy and Purpose are some of those extra tools I use in the design and construction of my sticks, staffs, and canes.

While my Etsy shops are on vacation, you can see more woodworking at

Gifts With A Heart 2889 Jones Franklin Rd, Raleigh NC 27606.



Hal's email is hal2009@att.net.
Use Contact at either Etsy shop
Call my cell phone, leave a message at 919-656-7166.
FACEBOOK
   Timeline: http://facebook.com/hal.papan
   Email: hal.papan@facebook.com
   Page:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/StickStaffCane/117272031678314




Note that Phaal Nap (Fail Nap) is a pseudonym, nom de plume, and anagram for Hal Papan. I usually write when I can't sleep. Ergo, Fail Nap. Of course, Hal Papan is my nom de couteau (knife name instead of pen name) and anagram for my real name, Alan Happ. I carve under the name Hal Papan.

No comments:

Post a Comment