Friday, September 14, 2012

A hiking whistle and fishing report

I will be adding this hiking whistle to my Etsy shop soon. 



Hiking Whistle Made From Sweetgum With Red Oak Stain
I took it along with me to the Highway 50 Boat Ramp entrance to the Falls Lake State Recreation Area.

Fishing was great.  Catching was lousy. 

On Wednesday afternoon, I caught a few small sunfish and a couple of catfish.  I really to bring home a fish dinner of white bass and crappie.  I didn't see anyone catch either of those.

On Thursday morning, John, who is usually catching fish when everyone else is just fishing, went home after an hour with not even a bite. The blue heron that waits for hand outs, squaked its disapproval and flew off.  I left soon after.

With cooler mornings coming, the fish should start biting in a couple of weeks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment