Sunday, May 12, 2013

A rose is a rose, but a pendant is a bead

Thanks for checking out my blog.

I need to get back to work-in-progress updates, but today was something of an "AHA" day.

My Etsy shop, youwoodlikethis.etsy.com, was on "vacation" while I figured out how to increase
sales.  The most number of items are what I was calling "pendants."  But, it finally struck me -AHA- that what I was calling a pendant other shops called "large hand carved beads."  So I made some changes.

Now, my items are beads rather than pendants.  I will have to see if this change makes a difference.
They are the same hand carved items but they will appeal, hopefully to a larger customer set.

















For example, are these sliders (additions to a necklace) or are they large hand carved beads.  People looking for a large bead to complete their necklace may not think to call it
a slider.


I hope others see the difference and the shop has a rosy future.

No comments:

Post a Comment