Sunday, July 15, 2012

Custom Canes #2. MUSKIE

Muskie

I call the Muskie the barracuda of fresh water in North America. If you don't know what it looks like, just do  search on "muskie."  It is a beautiful predator at the top of the food chain in the water. 

This cane was for my brother, an avid fisherman and all around great guy.  He passed away and I miss him.  He didn't get to see this cane as he passed before it was completed. 

I wanted to show the Muskie lurking in the weeds, ready to strike.  The carving wrapped around the shaft.  I carved weeds at the base and around the carving.  Each scale was individually carved and proportioned for the location on the fish.  The carving was a single piece.




 

Not counting the research time, this cane took about 70 hours to complete.  It now resides in Illinois. You can order a custom cane at my etsy shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment