Monday, July 23, 2012

Fall 1 Has A Red Oak Motif


Welcome to my blog for
www.StickStaffCane.etsy.com and www.youwoodlikethis.etsy.com

It is all about carving - tips and techniques, works in progress, completed projects, how to instructions, and future plans.

Note that Phaal Nap (Fail Nap) is a pseudonym, nom de plume, and anagram for Hal Papan. I usually write when I can't sleep. Ergo, Fail Nap. Of course, Hal Papan is my nom de couteau (knife name instead of pen name) and anagram for my real name, Alan Happ.  I carve under the name Hal Papan.  Hal's email is hal2009@att.net.


  •  FACEBOOK
    Timeline: facebook.com/hal.papan

  • Email: hal.papan@facebook.com
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

    You will enjoy this stick on the trail, at the mall, or on the street. This cinnamon Sweewtgum stick is 60" tall and has a very comfortable 1.75 diameter.

    A Red Oak leaf motif surrounds the top 26" of the stick. I traced red oak leaves and carved them into the inner bark.  . The wood spirit peeks out from a 5.5" Red Oak leaf carving.

    I used a Minwax natural stain covered with 5 coats polyurethane and a hard finishing wax.


    
    https://ny-image1.etsy.com/000/0/5677342/il_170x135.108290389.jpg
    
    













    




    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment