Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Custom Cane #8. Emerging Dragons

Welcome to my blog for
www.StickStaffCane.etsy.com and www.youwoodlikethis.etsy.com

It is all about carving - tips and techniques, works in progress, completed projects, how to instructions, and future plans.

Note that Phaal Nap (Fail Nap) is a pseudonym, nom de plume, and anagram for Hal Papan. I usually write when I can't sleep. Ergo, Fail Nap. Of course, Hal Papan is my nom de couteau (knife name instead of pen name) and anagram for my real name, Alan Happ. I carve under the name Hal Papan. Hal's email is hal2009@att.net.
Contact Me:
Use Contact at either Etsy shop
Call my cell phone, leave a message at 919-656-7166
FACEBOOK
Timeline: facebook.com/hal.papan
Email: hal.papan@facebook.com


Here is the finished Emerging Dragons cane.  I liked the way the wood colored in the handle.  It has a Natural MinWax Stain covered by a custom light oak stain.  The unpainted parts of the shaft have MinWax Aged Oak stain.

The scales have blue stain then a pattern done with a gold enamel.  The last step was to use a wash of blue enamel over the gold.
This is my travelling cane.

No comments:

Post a Comment