Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Have Cane, Will Travel

Welcome to my blog for
www.StickStaffCane.etsy.com and www.youwoodlikethis.etsy.com
It is all about carving - tips and techniques, works in progress, completed projects, how to instructions, and future plans.

Note that Phaal Nap (Fail Nap) is a pseudonym, nom de plume, and anagram for Hal Papan. I usually write when I can't sleep. Ergo, Fail Nap. Of course, Hal Papan is my nom de couteau (knife name instead of pen name) and anagram for my real name, Alan Happ. I carve under the name Hal Papan. Hal's email is hal2009@att.net.

Contact Me:
Use Contact at either Etsy shop
Call my cell phone, leave a message at 919-656-7166
FACEBOOK
Timeline: facebook.com/hal.papan
Email: hal.papan@facebook.com

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

One side effect of my neuropathy is lack of balance. The purpose of a cane is BALANCE. It is not a crutch.  With balance, I can get around OK whch means I can travel.  Here are a few of the places that my cane has gone.

A dragon cane is a sure conversation starter anywhere in the world.

 Cairo, Egypt
Who knew the pyramids were right downtown.

 Barcelona, Spain
Home of the Sagrada Família  by architect Gaudi.

Naples, Italy
Mount Vesuvius in the background.

  
"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears," oh wait, I don't have ears!  Alexandria, Egypt.

 Can't go to Pisa and not take this cheesy shot. 

On the bus on the way to Rome from the port,  Civitavecchia.
 My foot hurts.  On the marble walkway in Ephesus, Turkey




No comments:

Post a Comment