Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Cane With A Twist. Serenity


Welcome to my blog

It is all about carving - tips and techniques, works in progress, completed projects, how to instructions, and future plans.
Please visit www.StickStaffCane.etsy.comandwww.youwoodlikethis.etsy.com


This oak cane has a twist - literally in the shaft and figuratively because it represents a twist in the old Serenity prayer. 

I'm a Certified Laughter Leader.  I'm trained to look on the lighter side of things.  Check out www.worldlaughtertour.com or www.laughteryoga.org for details. 

The twist is that I took the step of adding "Laughter" to the three requests of the prayer.
Lord, grant me:
   Serentity, to accept the things I cannot change,
   Courage, to change the things I can change,
   Wisdom, to know the difference, and
    Laughter, to enjoy all the changes.

 The shaft has four sides at the top near the handle.  As it tapers to the foot, it changes to a round shaft.









No comments:

Post a Comment