Thursday, August 16, 2012

Custom Cane Hard At Work


 Welcome to my blog

It is all about carving - tips and techniques, works in progress, completed projects, how to instructions, and future plans.

Please visit www.StickStaffCane.etsy.comandwww.youwoodlikethis.etsy.com


Marty knew what he wanted when we first talked about ordering a custom cane.  He wanted a blue dragon.  I have made several dragon canes and a couple were even blue.  He didn't give me as much detail as he could have.  I based the design of the dragon on pictures of dragons on the internet.  I did a rough sketch which I sent to Marty.  I have the dragon climbing on a tree.  Check out that tat on his arm... a blue dragon!




Thanks Marty for showing off your new Blue Dragon cane.  And, thanks to Jennifer
 from J&S Photography for the shots of Marty.


Note that Phaal Nap (Fail Nap) is a pseudonym, nom de plume, and anagram for Hal Papan. I usually write when I can't sleep. Ergo, Fail Nap. Of course, Hal Papan is my nom de couteau (knife name instead of pen name) and anagram for my real name, Alan Happ. I carve under the name Hal Papan.
My Etsy shops accept PayPal and credit cards.
Contact me for international shipping.
Contact Me:
Proud member of the following Etsy teams:
  • The Wood Carvers of Etsy
  • Etsy Woodworkers
  • NCTriangle
  • It's A Madcap Live
  • On Fire For Handmade
  • Promoting Treasuries With a Cause
  • Inspired by History





No comments:

Post a Comment