Friday, August 17, 2012

Copperhead Walking Stick.

Welcome to my blog.
 
You can find this walking stick and many others at http://www.stickstaffcane.etsy.com
 
I enjoy carving walking sticks with animal forms.  I learn a lot doing the research into what they look like.  It is good to know, I guess, that the copperhead is a pit viper.  A pit viper has characteristic facial features. It has the vertical cat's eyes.  The "pits" are located in a specific place relative to the nose and mouth.  It has coloration in bands that extend to the underside whereas some snakes have little to no color on the bottom. 









This curvey piece of Sweetgum (might be oak) just looked like a snake and it has a twist in the bark that adds visual interest.


Note that Phaal Nap (Fail Nap) is a pseudonym, nom de plume, and anagram for Hal Papan. I usually write when I can't sleep. Ergo, Fail Nap. Of course, Hal Papan is my nom de couteau (knife name instead of pen name) and anagram for my real name, Alan Happ. I carve under the name Hal Papan.
My Etsy shops accept PayPal and credit cards.
Contact me for international shipping.
Contact Me:
Proud member of the following Etsy teams:
  • The Wood Carvers of Etsy
  • Etsy Woodworkers
  • NCTriangle
  • It's A Madcap Live
  • On Fire For Handmade
  • Promoting Treasuries With a Cause
  • Inspired by History

1 comment: