Friday, August 3, 2012

Take a Hike #2. Alligator Bark

Welcome to my blog

 It is all about carving - tips and techniques, works in progress, completed projects, how to instructions, and future plans.

Please visit www.StickStaffCane.etsy.com and www.youwoodlikethis.etsy.com

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
 
Sweetgum has what they call a "corky" thick bark.  On this walking stick, I carved the bark into an alligator.  This is another case where the figure just jumped out at me.  This walking stick has a 16 inch alligator carved into the outer corky bark of a 75 inch cinnamon Sweet Gum stick. The stick is about 1 1/4 inches wide which makes it easy to hold. It has a hard wax glossy finish. 
 
The corky bark gives the alligator spirit an interesting texture. The gator wraps around the top of the stick. You will be noticed. In the last picture, Gator is hanging out with friends, Googly-eye and Mother Nature in Disguise.
 
What does an alligator on your walking stick do?
Anything it wants to! HA HA HA
 
 
 
 
 
Note that Phaal Nap (Fail Nap) is a pseudonym, nom de plume, and anagram for Hal Papan. I usually write when I can't sleep. Ergo, Fail Nap. Of course, Hal Papan is my nom de couteau (knife name instead of pen name) and anagram for my real name, Alan Happ. I carve under the name Hal Papan.

My Etsy shops accept PayPal and credit cards.

Contact me for international shipping.

Contact Me: 
Proud member of the following Etsy teams:
  • The Wood Carvers of Etsy
  • Etsy Woodworkers
  • NCTriangle
  • It's A Madcap Live
  • On Fire For Handmade
  • Promoting Treasuries With a Cause
  • Inspired by History

No comments:

Post a Comment